Skocz do zawartości

Theater Design and Layout

Ajay

I'm currently in the process of building a 7.2.4 home-theater surround system. Looking for some assistance and thoughts on the room design and layout.

Dimensions: Length – 215 Inches, Breadth – 141 Inches, Height – 104 Inches

The entrance to the room is at the bottom right, and the rear of the room opens out into a balcony; there are thick glass doors and double layer curtains at the rear. See attached andmages for layout.

The intention is to setup 2 rows of seats. The first row and primary seating position will be a 3-seater, and the row behind will be a 2-seater; which will need to be on a riser. The first row of seating will be 108 inches from the screen, or 9 feet. The screen will be a 135 inch projector screen attached to the wall.

As illustrated in the picture, the Front Left & Right, Center and Dual-sub will at the front; with the front towers at the edges at a slight tow-in, then the subs, and the center in the middle. Surround and Rear speakers along the seating as indicated in the illustration. The Atmos speakers are not pictured, but the intention is to place them as per the Dolby guidance.

The roof is concrete, and not a false ceiling. Would like to look at installing a partial false-ceiling, which would aid with ceiling mounting for the projector, as well as in-ceiling Atmos speakers.  

Questions:

Need assistance with regard to the interior design/carpentry work? Any suggestions in Warsaw?

Will need to look at a partial false ceiling, a riser for the second row of seating, equipment shelves for the receiver and HTPC, and fixing some acoustic paneling.

Any thoughts on the layout?

For the furniture I'm looking at regular entertainment room couches from IKEA, such as the Lidhult.

IKEA Lidhult Entertainment Sofa 3 Seater

Any feedback on the IKEA Lidhult or suggestions on optional furniture?

For the speakers and the equipment, I have visited Audio Forum (a Denon store) in Westfield Arkadia, and Media Centrum in Bemowo.

Any suggestions of audio stores?

The setup will be built around a Denon 3700H receiver. The front towers are Polk Audio Signature series S50 speakers, the subs are Polk Audio HTS12 subs, and the read speakers are Yamaha NS-E55 speakers. The intention is to purchase Polk Audio Signature series S10 or S15 studio monitors for the surrounds, a Klipsch R34C for the center, and Polk Audio OWM3 or Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers for Atmos.

Lirowa 22.jpg

Edytowano przez Ajay

• 9 months later...

if you're a sport person and powerless to look out the proper strive of sport equipment' then i might say that you simply just got to select the website to seek out what' best for you in term of low value value in addition you'll get sport articles get done on time for your displays meeting and you'll obviously find it helpful as per your would love

Dnia 28.03.2021 o 09:22, Ajay napisał:

imensions: Length – 215 Inches, Breadth – 141 Inches, Height – 104 Inches

Hello there,

first of all if you want to get any help on EU site, please use metric system and not the imperial one. So please add information with the correct dimensions in meters [m] not sizes of grain.

Edytowano przez lolekdrugi

Update to the original post:

Dimensions in Meters:

Length – 5.461 m, Breadth – 3.58 m, Height – 2.64 m

Other Notes:

• Based on guidance from home-theater builders, have added plasterboard work on the ground to the project, for better sound insulation.  
  • Similarly air-conditioning needs to be added to the room, due to the planned seating capacity.
  • For the first row of seating considering the Wenus sofa from meble.pl (https://www.meble.pl/p1590400,sofa-wenus-z-pufami.html).
  • Instead of the Klipsch center, will be going with the Polk Audio Signature Series S30 center, for ensuring consistency between LCR speakers.

Question:

What I primarily needed now is suggestions on a work crew that can take up the build project.

3 godziny temu, Ajay napisał:

Update to the original post:

thank you very much :)

3 godziny temu, Ajay napisał:

What I primarily needed now is suggestions on a work crew that can take up the build project.

I think you'll have to wait a bit, it's weekend. Some users are here only during work week.

But from what I see the room size is around 19,44 square meters which is quite small for 7.x system from my point of view.

Not sure if you saw this site but check it out:

https://www.audioadvice.com/home-theater-design/

you can design your HT and see how it would look a like and I'm affraid it's not great and it's even worse when you try to see the sound dispersion.